Private and Nonprofit Chapters
The chapters of UFT members listed here are employed by organizations other than the Department of Education.
- ADAPT Community Network
The ADAPT Community Network Chapter, formerly known as the United Cerebral Palsy of NYC Chapter, came into being with the signing of the first contracts in June 2003 and has grown to include more than 1,000 members in 13 bargaining units across more than 40 work sites.:
- Lawrence Avenue, Brooklyn
- Flushing Avenue, Brooklyn
- West 154 Street, Manhattan
- The Residences in Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Staten Island
- The Clearview School, Queens
- Forest Hills West School, Queens
- 80 West End Avenue, first and second floor, Manhattan
- William O'Connor Midwood School, Brooklyn
- Greenpoint School, Brooklyn
- William O'Connor Bay Ridge School, Brooklyn
- Port Richmond, Staten Island
- Harry H. Gordon School, Bronx
- Birch Family Services
The UFT chapters of Birch Family Services came into being with the signing of the first contract at Nazareth Early Childhood Center in 2013. They have grown to include more than 200 members in four bargaining units across four work sites.
- East Flatbush Early Childhood Center (formerly Nazareth Early Childhood Center), Brooklyn
- Springfield Gardens Early Childhood Center, Queens
- Phyllis Susser School for Exceptional Children, Queens
- Soundview Early Childhood Center (formerly Watson Avenue), Bronx
- Block Institute
Our chapter includes teachers, teacher aides, teacher assistants, maintenance staff, group leaders, assistant group leaders and clinicians. Our members have extensive experience providing individualized services for children and adults with developmental disabilities.
- Bright Horizons
Bright Horizons provides early education and preschools services, employer-sponsored child care, back-up care, educational advisory services and other work/life solutions.
- Consortium for Worker Education
The UFT-CWE Chapter is a highly active and assertive group of adult education/worker education union activists. As teachers and classroom paraprofessionals, we serve more than 60,000 New York residents each year through the many citywide programs that comprise the Consortium for Workers Education, the educational arm of the New York City Central Labor Council. For union questions and for prospective student referrals to ESL, high school equivalency, math, reading, writing, science and social studies classes as well as various employment-readiness classes and related services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Family Child Care Providers
We provide a safe, nurturing and educational environment for thousands of the city’s children, who range in age from six-week-old infants to rambunctious school-age children who come to us after school.
- Federation of Nurses/UFT
Anne Goldman, UFT Vice President for Non-DOE Members
Includes the following chapters:
- Jewish Guild Healthcare
- Jewish Home and Hospital Lifecare RNs
- Lighthouse Guild
- NYU Lutheran Medical Center RNs
- Staten Island University Hospital South Site RNs
- VNSNY RNs
- VNSNY Licensed Practical Nurses
- Lincoln Center Education
Mark Collins, Chapter Liaison