Private and Nonprofit Chapters
The functional chapters of UFT members listed here are employed by organizations other than the Department of Education.
- Adapt Community Network
The ADAPT Community Network Chapter, formerly known as the United Cerebral Palsy of NYC Chapter, came into being with the signing of the first contracts in June 2003 and has grown to include more than 800 members in five bargaining units across more than 30 work sites.
- Lawrence Avenue
- Flushing Avenue
- West 154 St.
- The Residences
- The Manhattan Children's Program
- Birch Family Services
The UFT chapters of Birch Family Services came into being with the signing of the first contract at Nazareth Early Childhood Center in 2013. They have grown to include more than 200 members in four bargaining units across four work sites.
- East Flatbush Early Childhood Center (formerly Nazareth Early Childhood Center)
- Springfield Gardens Early Childhood Center
- Phyllis Susser School for Exceptional Children
- Soundview Early Childhood Center (formerly Watson Avenue)
- Block Institute
Our chapter includes teachers, teacher aides, teacher assistants, maintenance staff, group leaders, assistant group leaders and clinicians. Our members have extensive experience providing individualized services for children and adults with developmental disabilities.
Beth Levy, Chapter Leader | View contract »
- Bright Horizons
Our members are an integral part of the support Bright Horizons provides, which includes early education and preschools services, employer-sponsored child care, back-up care, educational advisory services and other work/life solutions.
Ilene Weinerman, Chapter Liaison
- Consortium for Worker Education
Myles Ephraim, Chapter Leader | View contract »
- Family Child Care Providers
We provide a safe, nurturing and educational environment for thousands of the city’s children, who range in age from six-week-old infants to rambunctious school-age children who come to us after school.
Tammy Miller, Providers Chapter Chair
- Federation of Nurses/UFT
Anne Goldman, UFT Vice President for Non-DOE Members
- Jewish Guild Healthcare
- Jewish Home and Hospital Lifecare RNs
- Lighthouse Guild
- NYU Lutheran Medical Center RNs
- Staten Island University Hospital South Site RNs
- VNSNY RNs
- VNSNY Licensed Practical Nurses
- Lincoln Center Education
Mark Collins, Chapter Liaison
- Little Red School House & Elizabeth Irwin High School
- The Lorge School
- Stanley S. Lamm Preschool
The Stanley S. Lamm Preschool is a not-for-profit preschool for special education students. About 135 children, ages 2 to 5, attend the school, which was established in 2001.
Xenia Barley, Chapter Leader