Resources for Paraprofessionals
- Paraprofessional Salary Schedule
On this page, you will find the salary schedules under our new contract.
- Pensions and the Paraprofessional
A Q&A on retirement and pensions.
- Workers' Compensation
Injured on the job? Visit our comprehensive section on Workers' Compensation for information and the necessary forms.
- Students with Disabilities
This section features a wealth of information and resources for members working with students with disabilities.
- The ABCs of Safety and Health: Guidelines for Paraprofessionals
Presented by the UFT Safety and Health Department.
- Health and Safety for the Paraprofessional
This pamphlet is about your health, the hazards you may encounter in schools and the ways in which they can affect your health and well-being.
- Paraprofessionals Service Program
A free and confidential information and referral service for UFT paraprofessionals seeking social service assistance and professional counseling. Assistance is free to members and strictly confidential. Call 212-777-7500, Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- What to do if you are arrested in school
If the police should arrest you in school for any reason, work-related or not, you or your chapter leader should immediately contact your district representative, who will contact the UFT’s central office for assistance.