Skip to main content
Full Menu Close Menu

Update your information

Did you get married, have a baby, add or drop an eligible dependent?

To cover new dependents and update your personal information, you should do the following:

  • To notify the UFT Welfare Fund, use our online Update Your Information (Change of Status) form and file a Change of Status Form electronically within 30 days of the event. (A hard copy of the form is available from your chapter leader or by calling the Welfare Fund’s forms hotline at 1-212-539-0539.)
  • Update your New York City health plan by contacting HR Connect at 1-718-935-4000.
  • To notify the DOE, use its Personal and Tax Data Change Form on the DOE website. Print the form and follow the instructions on it. Send one copy to the DOE and give one to your school secretary.
  • With family changes, review and, if appropriate, update your beneficiary forms with the Teachers’ Retirement System or the Board of Education Retirement System and any private insurance you hold.