- You must obtain an Optical Benefit Certificate by requesting it online or by calling the Forms Hotline at 212-539-0539. This request must indicate whom the service(s) are for, so that the Fund may verify eligibility prior to issuing the certificate(s).
- You may obtain the service(s) from a participating panelist, or a non-participating provider whereby you must submit for direct reimbursement.
- Certificates will not be honored for payment if the patient information is altered in any way.
Please Note: Certificates are not transferable. Photocopied certificates will not be accepted. Certificates cannot be faxed.
Note: The following will not be honored for reimbursement:
- Expired certificates beyond the eligibility period as stated on the certificate.
- Non-original certificates. All valid certificates must be original forms.
- Certificates used by another person in the members' family. The certificate is only valid for the person whose name appears on the form.