UFT Scholarship Fund
The Albert Shanker College Scholarship Fund of the United Federation of Teachers
Each year, the United Federation of Teachers proudly awards $1 million in undergraduate and graduate scholarships to academically excellent and financially eligible students from New York City public schools. Scholarship winners are living proof that excellence can thrive in New York City schools. Their hard work — and the dedication of all the educators who worked with them — enable them to achieve academic distinction.
UFT's Shanker Scholarship
The application process for 2024 is now open.
Select "sign up" on the next screen if you are applying for the first time and have not created an account.
Username and password requirements for the online application:
Your username must be in email format.
Your password must meet the following criteria:
- 8 characters long
- Must include letters
- Must include numbers
- Must include at least one special character
- Who can apply for the undergraduate scholarship?
- What about financial eligibility?
- How are winners selected?
- How are the scholarships paid?
- Shanker application instructions
- Scholarship rules
- College advisor letter
- Application income requirements
- President's letter