Reflection for Guided Reading
By Barbara Ogurek
- What was the main teaching point (objective) of your lesson? What was the main concept or skill you wanted the children to learn?
- (a) What supporting data did you use to show they learned/understood this? (b) What was your reason for choosing this type of supporting data?
- What were the new vocabulary words you introduced? How did you introduce them?
- (a) What supporting data did you use to show that the students understood the new vocabulary? (b) What was your reason for choosing this type of supporting data?
- Were there any other skills you wanted the students to learn? How did you or will you assess their learning?
- (a) What follow-up activities did the students have to do directly after the lesson? (b) What was your reason for choosing this/these type(s) of follow-up?
- (a) What homework assignment will you give the students to follow up on this lesson? (b) How was this determined?
- What specific things did you learn about the students from this lesson? Knowing this, how will this affect your future lessons with them?
- Are the students ready to move on to a different level? How did you determine this?
- What specific things did you feel were successful about your lesson? Why were they successful?
- What things did you feel you needed to improve? Why?
- What would you do differently next time?