BRAVE Video Contest
Anti-Bullying Video Contest for Middle and High School Students
Cash Prizes for Schools with 1st, 2nd & 3rd place Awards
Awards ceremonies held in May
Be BRAVE Against Bullying
As part of its campaign to raise awareness about bullying and intolerance, the United Federation of Teacher’s BRAVE Program (Building Respect, Acceptance and Voice through Education) holds annual video contests. The contest encourages students to share their experiences with bullying/intolerance either from the “Inside” (firsthand) or, “Outside” (witnessed).
The contest is open to all middle school students from New York City public schools. Students are invited to submit a 3-5 minute video that conveys the contest theme.
Accepting submissions for the 9th annual contest
The 2023 BRAVE video contest is now open! Submissions are due by Wednesday, April 19 and our award ceremony will be held on Tuesday, May 9.
NYC public middle and high school students are invited to create a 3-5 minute video about bullying. Suggested topics:
- What does it feel like to be the target of bullying, witness a bullying situation or engage in bullying behavior?
- How do you and your classmates stand up for others in a positive way?
- How can students and teachers create school communities that promote acceptance, tolerance and respect?
- What do students want adults to know about bullying and/or intolerance?
To enter, you can fill out the online entry form and then email or mail in your video. Please download and share the flier.
- Contestants must be middle or high school students of the New York City public school system.
- Contestants must have the permission of their school principal and a teacher willing to serve as sponsor and primary contact person.
- Submissions must be in video format and should be no longer than five minutes.
- Students/schools must follow DOE guidelines regarding videotaping/filming of students and videotaping/filming on school grounds. Schools must obtain parental consent and clearance per Chancellors' Regulation A-640
- All video submissions must be received prior to the deadline.
- No more than two video submissions per school.