Resources for School Counselors
- FAQ on Mandated Counseling
Answers to frequently asked questions on mandated counseling.
- Past presentations from UFT School Counselors Conferences
PowerPoint presentations from previous School Counselors Conferences.
- Guidelines to Support Transgender and Gender Expansive Students
- Social Media Guidelines
- Discipline Code
- Graduation Requirements
- Chancellor's Regulations
- Functional Behavioral Assessments and Behavioral Intervention Plans PowerPoint
- Evaluating Foreign Transcripts: The A-Z Manual
- Standard Operating Procedures Manual: The Referral, Evaluation and Placement of School-Age Students with Disabilities
Programs and services
- Visiting Nurse Service of New York Children's Mobile Crisis Team
CMCT is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide rapid responses and crisis management for children and adolescents in active crisis situations.
- Teacher Education Institute
By taking classes at TEI, counselors can obtain additional credits for their permanent certification and salary differential.
- NYS Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC)
Find resources and information for high school seniors looking toward college and beyond.
- Resources for survivors of suicide loss
The Samaritans of New York have put together this resource guide for counselors and other support staff working with students who have lost a loved one to suicide.
- Directory of domestic violence services
A handbook from the New York City Mayor's Office to Combat Domestic Violence and the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
- Disaster mental health resources
From the NYS Office of Mental Health
- High school counselors guide
Compiled by the Guidance Department of August Martin High School.