Skip to main content
Full Menu Close Menu

Enrolling and updating information

Must I enroll to obtain my Welfare Fund benefits?

Yes, Enrollment with the Welfare Fund is required before members can access their benefits. Our video demonstrates how to create and access your UFT account. 

See our enrollment guide

In order for new employees to access benefits provided by the United Federation of Teachers Welfare Fund, new employees must complete and file an enrollment form with the Welfare Fund. See the following section entitled “How do I enroll and update information?” for information on how to enroll. Members have the opportunity to select one of the dental programs within sixty (60) days of employment. (See Dental section for particulars.)

You can use our online form to enroll in the UFT Welfare Fund.

Enroll Now

NOTE: You must be logged in to to access this online form.

I’m returning to work after being off payroll for eighteen (18) months or more, must I enroll in the Welfare Fund?

Yes. You must complete a new UFT Welfare Fund Enrollment Form as described below.

How do I enroll and update information?

All new members and members returning after eighteen (18) months or more off payroll must:

  1. complete a UFT Welfare Fund Enrollment Form. (This enrollment is separate from any UFT Membership and Department of Education Health Plan Applications.) This enrollment form is available from the Fund office, your chapter leader or can be completed online.
  2. Attach applicable documentation (e.g. birth certificate, marriage certificate or domestic partnership registration) to the enrollment form.

All members must notify the Fund Office of a change in marital status, dependent status or beneficiary by filing an Update Your Information form. When enrolling or, changing dependents or beneficiaries, the member must attach photocopies of necessary documentation to the Enrollment Form or Update Your Information Form (also available from your chapter leader). The Fund reserves the right to request additional documentation verifying the bona fide relationship of any dependent to a member. 

Please note that upon divorce or termination of domestic partnership a Change of Status Form must be completed (also available from your chapter leader) with applicable documentation to delete a spouse or domestic partner. If you fail to timely notify the Fund office of a divorce or termination of domestic partnership and your former spouse/domestic partner incurs claims paid for by the Fund, you will be held financially responsible for repayment of those claims to the Fund.

May I decline further coverage for an enrolled eligible dependent?

Yes, you may decline further coverage for an enrolled eligible dependent at any time by completing a Declination of Welfare Fund Coverage for Eligible Dependents form. You can also obtain this form from the Fund Office. If you decline Welfare Fund coverage for any dependent, you will only be permitted to re-enroll that dependent, upon submission of proof to the Fund of that dependent’s loss of other comparable coverage, within 30 days of the loss of such comparable coverage.