This summer, the DOE's Summer Rising program is open to all students in grades K-8 who wish to attend. Students will participate in school-based enrichment programming provided by the Department of Youth and Community Development after the instructional day ends.
Students with disabilities who may require additional support to participate in programming, such as a paraprofessional, will receive those supports as needed. If you are working with students with disabilities, please refer to the documents listed below:
- Summary of Summer Rising accommodations for students with disabilities
- Summer Rising Accommodation Plan
- Summer Rising Accommodations Process
- Paraprofessional Escalation Protocol for Summer Rising
- Paraprofessional PM support for Summer Rising
See more information about the Summer Rising program on the DOE website.
If you need assistance, please call the union at 212-331-6311.