Falsely pleading poverty, the city Department of Education released school budgets that needlessly cut school funding and rolled back the progress made in creating small class sizes this school year as funding increased and enrollment dipped.
- Use the table below to find out how much money the mayor is threatening to cut from your school’s budget.
- Then tweet at the mayor to tell him why our schools need more funding to recover from the pandemic, not less.
Spread the word on Twitter
After you find your school's possible budget cut, click to send one of these tweets. (You can edit the tweet to replace $$$ with your school's amount or in any other way you'd like.)
- To recover from the pandemic, our schools need more funding, not less. But @NYCMayor wants to cut $$$ from my school’s budget next year.
- .@NYCMayor, you’ve said every young person in our city deserves to have a quality education. Why do you and @NYCSchools want to cut $$$ from my school’s budget next year?
- With billions of dollars in funding available for schools, why does @NYCMayor want to cut funding from my school’s budget? The math doesn’t add up.
See how much money your school could lose if we don't fight these political cuts
You can use the Ctrl+F or Command+F to search for your school by its four-digit code (i.e., X111). The figures in this table come from the DOE's Fair Student Funding allocation database.