Skip to main content
Full Menu Close Menu
Retired Teachers Chapter News

Leaving the NYC area?

New York Teacher

If you are moving outside the New York metropolitan area, it is essential that you update your personal information (mailing address, phone number, etc.) with the UFT Membership Department to ensure delivery of the New York Teacher, information about UFT activities and meetings, and Welfare Fund health benefits.

The quickest way to change your address is to log on to the UFT website, click on “my account” and select “change of status” (if you are not enrolled in the UFT Welfare Fund, select “change of address” instead). You can also call the UFT Membership Department at 212-331-6311; mail your new address to UFT Membership Department, 50 Broadway, 13th Floor, New York, NY 10004; or email the UFT Membership Department at and include your first and last name, your UFT ID number or the last four digits of your Social Security number, your old mailing address, your phone number (home and/or cell phone) and your personal email address.