Skip to main content
Full Menu
RTC Information

Termination pay requires address

New York Teacher

Checks for termination pay are mailed to the address on file with the city Department of Education. If you have moved since you retired, you must update your address with the DOE.

To update your address or phone number, call the DOE’s Human Resources Department (HR Connect) at 718-935-4000 . No documentation is necessary. All address and phone number changes are done by phone only.

If you need any other assistance with termination pay, please call the UFT’s main line for retiree-related issues and questions: 212-331-6314

The agent who assists you will create a case and direct it to a pension representative, who will return your call if necessary.

Related Topics: Retired Teachers