Skip to main content
Full Menu Close Menu

What is Jarema credit? How may I apply for it?

You may receive credit to reduce your probationary time if you worked as a regular substitute or as an appointed teacher in the same license area and same division (i.e., elementary, junior high, high school) in which you are subsequently approved. You can receive up to two years of Jarema Credit. Per diem days do not count toward Jarema Credit. See the DOE's form to apply for a reduction in probationary service .