Try these fun and kid-friendly things to do while social distancing.
- Fun activities for elementary-age kids: Take a look at these lists of ideas for activities, in English and Spanish, to do at home with kids in four age groups — pre-K, kindergarten through 2nd grade, 3rd through 5th grade and 6th through 8th grade.
- Virtual story time, craft circles and more: The Brooklyn Public Library is continuing to hold most of its events — including story time, craft circles, game nights and parent support groups — live online. See the calendar »
- Free, online Hey There Beautiful workshops: The UFT's longtime partner, the Hey There Beautiful Foundation, is offering free, online workshops for parents, teens and educators every week this spring. Learn more »
- Children's stories in Spanish: Find free audio and video files of beloved children's books read aloud in Spanish from The Spanish Experiment »
- Broadway plays and musicals you can watch from home: Take a look at this list of Broadway shows you can stream online »
- Activities to do at home with kids: Take a look at this list of 100 activities to do at home during school closures »
- Virtual museum tours: See a list of museums around the world offering online tours »
- Educational shows on Netflix: Check out a blog post with a list of more than 150 educational television shows you can watch on Netflix »
- Livestream doodles with Mo Willems: Beloved children's author Mo Willems will release a livesteam "lunch doodle" every weekday at 1 p.m. and invites kids to draw and write with him. Find out more »
- Virtual yoga classes for kids: For short, kid-friendly yoga classes you can stream on your phone, computer or television, check out Cosmic Kids yoga »