Trauma & Stress Education
The UFT Member Assistance Program has partnered with mental health professionals at the Center for Trauma and Stress Education to bring UFT members this six-week group session on managing stress and trauma recovery. We recognize how these unprecedented times have caused many of us to feel anxious and overwhelmed. These sessions will allow you to:
- Teach a variety of skills to manage challenging situations that are commonly related to working in a school community and other increased-risk situations.
- Help increase your understanding of the impact of COVID-19 on your well-being socially, psychologically, behaviorally, and emotionally.
- Help you increase skills to manage the increased stressors and burdens so common during these difficult and challenging times.
- Help you to recognize how to support others who are feeling anxious and afraid during these times.
- Become a resource to support others to stay connected and implement mental health strategies to improve both your work and home life.
These virtual sessions will be conducted via Zoom and are available to all UFT members, free of cost. Attendance at all six sessions is required. Register online »