MAP services during coronavirus
The UFT Member Assistance Program is helping union members cope with the COVID-19 pandemic with individual consultations, virtual support groups and online resources.
What kind of services can you receive?
- Trauma & Stress Education. This six-week group session addresses ways to manage emotions brought about by these unprecedented times and demonstrates positive mental health strategies to improve both your work and home life. Learn more »
- Virtual support groups. During this time, staying connected is crucial to your well-being. The following groups are being offered via a HIPPA-compliant Zoom videoconference:
- Preparing for the Comeback: This virtual professional psychoeducation support group will allow you to prepare for what’s next, break down barriers and increase resilience. Register online »
- Taming the Volcano: The pandemic has led to difficult emotions for many people. Learn to identify your emotional triggers, develop healthy coping skills and enhance your interpersonal relationships by taming the volcano inside you. Register online »
- Grief and loss support group: Grieving the loss of a loved one or colleague can be difficult and complicated. You don’t have to go through it alone. Connect with other members who are also experiencing a loss, whether due to COVID-19 or another cause. Register online »
- Together We Recover: If you are in recovery or seeking recovery, please join our conversation, share your experiences, support other members and find strength. Register online »
- Individual phone assessments and consultations. Call 212-701-9620 or email MAP at email@example.com with your request and a licensed clinician will get back to you within 48 hours.
- Online resources: Visit the UFT website for online podcasts, meditations, books or webinars that can help you through these times.
- Classroom Café Podcast: The Classroom Café podcast is meant to inspire, nourish and motivate you. Check it out for topics such as managing your fear and anxiety during the pandemic, mindfulness and compassion, healthier eating, inclusive schools and more. These podcasts can also be found on iTunes, Spotify, GooglePlay, and SoundCloud.
- Referrals for you and your family members to appropriate outside services including, but not limited to:
- Mental health: clinics, psychotherapists, psychiatrists
- Substance use treatment centers
- Legal and financial services
- Support with trauma, bereavement and loss