MAP services during coronavirus
The UFT Member Assistance Program is helping union members cope with the COVID-19 pandemic with individual consultations, virtual support groups and online resources.
What kind of services can you receive?
- Individual phone assessments and consultations. Call 212-701-9620 or email MAP at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and a licensed clinician will get back to you within 48 hours.
- Virtual support groups. During this time, staying connected is crucial to your well-being. The following groups are being offered via a HIPPA-compliant Zoom videoconference:
- General support groups: Join your colleagues to share and strategize ways of coping with this pandemic and the work and personal challenges you are experiencing. Register online »
- Grief and loss support group: Grieving the loss of a loved one or colleague can be difficult and complicated. You don’t have to go through it alone. Connect with other members who are also experiencing a loss, whether due to COVID-19 or another cause. Register online »
- Online resources: Visit the UFT website for online podcasts, meditations, books or webinars that can help you through these times.
- Classroom Café Podcast: The Classroom Café podcast is meant to inspire, nourish and motivate you. Check it out for topics such as managing your fear and anxiety during the pandemic, mindfulness and compassion, healthier eating, inclusive schools and more. These podcasts can also be found on iTunes, Spotify, GooglePlay, and SoundCloud. V
- Virtual training in managing trauma and stress: This training will serve as an opportunity to learn about coping skills to help you manage the many feelings you may be experiencing related to trauma and stress. These skills will be vital in easing the anxiety and stress we’ve all had during these unprecedented times. To register for this free, six-week training session, please contact MAP.
- Referrals for you and your family members to appropriate outside services including, but not limited to:
- Mental health: clinics, psychotherapists, psychiatrists
- Substance use treatment centers
- Legal and financial services
- Support with trauma, bereavement and loss