MAP services during coronavirus
The UFT Member Assistance Program is helping union members cope with the COVID-19 pandemic with individual consultations, virtual support groups and online resources.
What kind of services can you receive?
- Individual phone assessments and consultations. Call 212-701-9620 or email MAP at email@example.com with your request and a licensed clinician will get back to you within 48 hours.
- Virtual support groups. During this time, staying connected is crucial to your well-being. The following groups are being offered via a HIPPA-compliant Zoom videoconference:
- General support groups: Join your colleagues to share and strategize ways of coping with this pandemic and the work and personal challenges you are experiencing. Register online »
- Support group for UFT nurses: Offering our nurses an opportunity to openly share their experiences and connect with a licensed clinician and other health care members. Register online »
- Grief and loss support group: Grieving the loss of a loved one or colleague can be difficult and complicated. You don’t have to go through it alone. Connect with other members who are also experiencing a loss, whether due to the COVID-19 or another cause. Register online »
- Online resources: Visit the UFT website for online podcasts, meditations, books or webinars that can help you through these times.
- Referrals for you and your family members to appropriate outside services including, but not limited to:
- Mental health: clinics, psychotherapists, psychiatrists
- Substance use treatment centers
- Legal and financial services
- Trauma, bereavement and loss