Skip to main content
Full Menu Close Menu

Our website is undergoing maintenance. Some services that require you to log in may be temporarily unavailable. Thank you for your patience.

Victim Support Program

If you are the victim of a crime or are injured by a student or intruder, the UFT‘s Victim Support Program (212-598-6853) will help you on a confidential, one-to-one basis. The program offers advice, counseling and assistance with the police, the judicial system and the DOE’s medical bureau. Services include counseling and if the need arises, a representative to accompany you to the medical bureau or court.

If you are assaulted or injured by a student or an intruder, take these steps: first, get any necessary medical treatment. Inform the school administration. Consider filing a criminal complaint. Notify your UFT chapter leader and the Victim Support Program. And be sure to complete the paperwork required to protect your rights. Filing delays could cost you money.

Read what the contract says about assault and victim support »