Appropriate activities for the 40-minute Parent Engagement block are:
- face to face meetings (individual or group) with parents or guardians
- telephone conversations with parents or guardians
- written correspondence including email with parents or guardians
- creating newsletters
- creating content for school/class websites and/or answering machines
- preparing student report cards
- preparing student progress reports
- preparing for any of the Parent Engagement activities that are listed
- meetings with parents of English language learners
Teachers shall select from the activities listed to engage in during these blocks of time unless otherwise directed by the principal to another activity specified herein. Schools may use the school-based option process in the contract to expand the list of Parent Engagement activities.
To see what the contract says about parent engagement, read Article 6B1c.